HOME/ ROSTER/ TOURNAMENTS/ LIVESCORE

Salamat, Jimmy 'Alamat' Alapag!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"My incredible journey with the Gilas Pilipinas National Team comes to an end today. It's been both an honor and privilege to have worn our national colors since 2002. This journey has been filled with its peaks and valleys, successes and failures, but through it all I have enjoyed every moment of it. I have had the opportunity to play alongside the best players and coaches in the country thru the years, who I have the utmost love and respect for. I stand proud with the progress Philippine basketball has made the last few years, gaining respect and admiration not just in Asia, but also around the world. We've shown the spirit, will, determination, and PUSO to compete against the best. The job now is to continue with the Gilas program, continue to work hard and improve, and continue conquering the mountains that stand ahead of us. I have enjoyed every minute of this experience. I thank Boss MVP, Boss Vargas and the rest of management, Coach Chot and the coaching staff, and my brothers on the team for the chance to be a part of something truly special. To our fans, maraming salamat sa lahat ng pagdadasal at suporta sa amin. You are the true inspiration behind Gilas Pilipinas. We fight and work everyday to make all of you proud of your team. I will miss wearing our national colors, but I'm excited at what lies ahead for the future of Philippine basketball. Til the end.... #LabanPilipinas #PUSO #TheJourney #FromSelectaToGilasPilipinas #IAmMyBrothersKeeper" - Jimmy Alapag

Alapag's last game as a national team player

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Laban Gilas Pilipinas © 2013-2018